Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Front Squat 1-1-1-1-1-1-1
From CrossFit Santa Cruz
We have all seen CrossFit's hierarchy of fitness. Nutrition sits on the bottom and sport is at the top. The idea of this model is that you can not attain optimum performance at any of the levels unless you have dialed in all the levels below it. I would like to add a level at the bottom of the pyramid called sleep.
1. Limit caffeine intake
2. Limit alcohol consumption
3. Sleep in a place with a comfortable temperature and without noise interruptions.
4. Sleep in a dark room.
5. Practice stress-releasing activities
6. Power down and hour before bed (no cell phones, computers or tv)
7. Try to keep a consistent sleep schedule, getting to bed and waking at roughly the same time every day
8. Don't let pets sleep in the bedroom as they can be disruptive of shut eye
9. Avoid napping
10. Keep a sleep journal
Some of these solutions may not be realistic for all of us, but just like individualizing a nutrition plan, it's important to do your best and find out what works for you. Sweet dreams.
More from CrossFit San Fransisco about Sleep